08 January 2011

Tired of holding my tongue.

Let's see how much I get written before my battery dies.

I am sick and tired of holding my tongue. Being politically correct. Being nice.

Let's start with the ever lasting and never ending Formula vs Breast milk. Let's face it. Formula is chemicals in a can. Sure there is nutrition, but is it the right nutrition? Not really. Breast milk is best. And I'm tired of keeping my mouth shut. I just want to scream out "IF YOU FED YOUR BABY BREAST MILK IT WOULDN'T BE CONSTIPATED!!!!" I want to tell the WIC recipient that if they can't afford that last can of formula to get them through to their next WIC check without begging for help on a website (see www.lewisunderground.com the thread titled "Worried), then they should have breastfed. Chronically sick babies probably would have done better with breast milk. But, alas, I keep my mouth shut. After all, it's like closing the barn door after the horse got out. So why bother putting my opinions out there? After all, opinions are like assholes.

I think that in my ripe "old" age of 34, I'm tired of letting things go, and I'm getting mouthier than ever.

After my husband lied to me for the 2nd time in as many years, normally I would have admonished him and went along our merry way. This time... this time, I didn't speak to him for over 24 hours. Something that I just don't. Usually, any fights we have are made up by bed time. Not this time. He's still on "probation". I'm still really pissed at him, and this time I told him I would have left him if we didn't have kids.

I make sure to voice my concerns on something that has gone wrong with living here. I have sent complaints through the ICE system to make sure that the hospital knows a doctor was rude to me, that a mechanic was an asshole, or that Burger King's customer service is lacking at best. I have taken a stand in making sure I won't support our local PX. Food court, sure, but not inside the PX. They can kiss my ass and the stores on the economy can take my money instead.

See... holding my tongue again. I had a scathing report on my sister in law. Then I remembered, no matter how private I try to make this, this is online. She may find this. And then I'd have to explain that I think she's a meddling bitch who is just jealous that she's had a few failed relationships and I married her brother and we're a decade into our marriage.

Even with his lying to me, I still love him. I'll love him to the end of my days. And he knows that. He knows he did wrong. And he's trying to work through that.

Ok, I think I'm done for now. I really should get some rest.

2 comments:

Nutmeg1976 said...

So true, all of it! I am the same way with my way of eating. Just because that shit tastes good and the USDA says to eat it, doesn't really mean it is good for us!

Incognito said...

@Nutmeg, I'm glad that you don't hold your tongue either. You have told me, plain as day, my issues may subside if I stopped eating grains.