I will 1st stay this: My kids are buckled in their car seats. Whether it's just a shoulder belt for Thing 1, a booster for Thing 2 and a 5-pt for Thing 3 that she CANNOT get out of (high end carseat couldn't keep her restrained... went with a cheaper one and she hasn't gotten out since!). So, keep this in mind when I post this.
I am so sick and tired of people meddling in other people's lives. Back in the day, I got a spank if I misbehaved. I wasn't beat, but I got a swift spank on my hiney. It didn't hurt, but it sure let me know my attitude or behavior was NOT acceptable. Now, CPS is called on parents who spank in public.
A child is playing out by their house. Their parents are in their house. MPs are called because child is out, Mom gets detained and Dad goes for a ride. To me, that's not OK. The kids are playing in their own yard, and yet MPs are called. What happened to letting kids have some freedom?? I used to play from dawn until dusk without parental supervision, and more often than not, out of ear shot. No, I don't let my kids play anywhere but the park, and on our street, but I do let Thing 1 and 2 out to play. I still go with Thing 3.
So... today I was reading where someone was picking up a car load of kids. Two in the front seat, about 5 or 6 in the back. Of course there were no buckles. Now... I know that neighborhood they were talking about. I've seen those roads and know those roads well. While I don't think it's safe, I can see it happening, and it's not something I'd choose to waste the time of the MPs. God forbid something happens, but if the vehicle is big enough to hold that many kids, chances are a 15mph crash isn't going to do too much damage. Probably scare the shit out of the driver, scare the shit out of the kids, a ticket will be issued, and it probably won't happen again. Not that I'd wish an accident on anyone, but it's just. not. something. I would waste my time on. I'll reserve my 911 calls for those who are weaving in and out of traffic, drunk. Or speeding recklessly in a school zone. I don't know why a mom would pick up that many kids. Since it's on a military instillation, it's possible that the other kids' mom got that knock on the door and she wasn't mentally able to drive to pick up her kids. I'd for sure let MY friends pick up my kids, child restraints or not, if I got that fateful knock.
Then there's the gossip that happens. I know it's not just women. Men are bigger gossips and drama llamas when they're deployed. And I know it's not just in the military. I just don't get why people can't keep other people's name out of their mouths. And I'm not talking the innocent, nice gossip such as "she got a promotion at her job" or "they won the lottery" or "that baby is the cutest thing ever!" No, I'm talking the gossip "God did you see her butt?" "Her clothes sucked" "Her husband is the biggest douche ever!" "I hear she cheated on her husband (or the reverse)". That's the kind of stuff that needs to stop. Really. It's childish.
Do I gossip? Yup. Anyone that says they NEVER gossip is a liar. However, even on here, you'd never know who I am talking about... I won't ever name names; it's my blog, and unless I gave you the link, you don't know who I am or where I am (ok, so Computer geeks might be able to track my ISP and find out where I'm located, but that's just creepy). I could be the Queen of England for all anyone really knows. Well, except for those who were given my link. HAH
ok, I'm done. I think I want that banana cream pie I made the other night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment