So, I have this friend. I thought she was a good friend. My kids loved her. I loved her. My husband was ok with her. And I've been replaced. See, I'm moving. Part of the military life. But just because I'm moving doesn't mean I don't need adult interaction some time. And right now, sad to say, she is my only friend. The only real friend I have here, because all my other real friends moved away. All of them. I have my neighbor, but I can only take so much. I get my husband home soon, and he will be here for me, for my adult interactions, but the last two or three weeks have really hurt. They've been long, and lonely. And tonight, I found out that she has been spending time with a new friend. I understand her need to have adult interactions as well, but damn, it would have been nice of her to wait until my husband came home, at least. We were going to stay with her during our move, but I'm glad I made reservations at the hotel anyway. She said she wasn't going to be home, and that maybe it was best. Whatever. I'm done. I can't take that kind of rejection from someone I shared so much of my life with. My kids are a bit hurt. They still go to the door when they think she might be coming. If her name is mentioned the kids get all excited, only to learn she's not coming. It would be different if she were moving, and her life was getting turned upside down and all around, it would be understandable. But she's not leaving, I am. My kids are. They are having a hard time with the changes, with things in the house going missing because we're not moving it. With knowing they will be going to a new school, a new home, a new Army post. And the younger two don't really have a clue, other than Mommy is stressed, and she really needed a friend to vent to, to talk to, to laugh with during this hard time. But instead, again, she gets burned by someone who was supposed to be her friend.
Thankfully I am going to a new place, to start fresh, to get away from backstabbing people, to get away from FRG drama, to get away from rank wearing wives. I know I will probably have a new set of problems, but I learned from my husband's last duty station and applied it to here, so I will learn from here and apply it to the next one. And from there, I will learn and grow again as a wife, a spouse, a mother and a friend. No one can take that away from me.
But, the next time I get a friend like this, I will listen to the reports from other friends and proceed with a bit more caution. Hopefully not as much caution as the last time. The last time it took me nearly two years to form a bond with the friends I had due to troubles from before.
No comments:
Post a Comment