For scammers.
I found out my "arch enemy" was selected to be "adopted" by someone wanting to help out military families this Christmas. I did not put our name in because I do not feel we need any sort of charity or help. My husband is an NCO in the US Army with 16 years on the LES. I believe her husband is of the same or higher rank than mine. Her husband is also deployed, which means that he gets deployment pays as well as tax free income. So why does she need charity? And now she's whining that she was scammed. Well, I think she's the scammer! Let a military family that truly NEEDS to be helped be helped. Just because you don't want to pay for Christmas doesn't mean you need charity. Well, guess what! We're moving, and in this move, I will be giving up my beloved Piano--yes it was free, and yes it needs work, but anyone that knows me knows how I love to play. And we are not taking our couch or recliner because they are crap. So that means when we get to where we are going, we will need to buy new. But I'm not whining because even though we can't really 'afford' it, we are going to do it anyway.
And I don't need to hear about how many have debt. Well, guess what, we have debt too. We also took out a $2500 loan to help my inlaws so they wouldn't lose their house. That's $125 a month payment that comes out each month, and I have yet to see one dime of a repayment. I'm in the "giving" mood, after all, it's family. And it's Christmas. I would rather my kids see Christmas presents from their grandparents than money in my pocket.
So, tis the season for the scamming. I hate it. But I will rest easy in knowing I can provide for my kids, and have not scammed anyone in any way.
No comments:
Post a Comment